Hello my dears and welcome to a different kind of post. Today I’m gonna do a “mid-year freak out” book tag. Now, the questions seem to be simple so hopefully, I will succeed in answering them all. Without further ado let’s get them.
- The best book you’ve read so far in 2018. Hmm, let’s see. I think the best book I’ve read so far in this year is “Elizabeth is missing” from Emma Healey. That book was purely amazing and made me laugh and cry at the same time. Just beautiful!
- The best sequel you’ve read so far in 2018. Unfortunately, I haven’t got one. I am in the middle of two series, but not yet sure if they are totally worth it.
- New release you haven’t read yet, but want to. That is definitely “Puddin'” from Julie Murphy. I loved “Dumplin'” and I can’t wait until I put my hands on Puddin’ too.
- Most anticipated release for the second half of the year. I shall say “My Plain Jane” by Cynthia Hand. It’s the sequel to “My Lady Jane” and I must say that I can’t wait to read it.
- Biggest disappointment. This will hurt. The most recent and the one that made me angry the most is “According to Yes” by Dawn French. I just can’t get that book. It was all pretty and cute and then sh*t happened.
- Biggest surprise. “Desire for chocolate” from Care Santos. It was amazing and a real surprise. This author is one I am following and can’t wait to read more from her. Too bad her books are not as popular as they should be.
- Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you). I have two in this category. One is Julie Murphy, which I love her books and her as well, and the other one is Care Santos, which is new to me.
- Newest fictional crush. I don’t think I have a crush or something related, but I did enjoy Bo’s company from “Dumplin'”. Made me feel like a teenager again.
- Newest favorite character. Until now I will go with Willodean from “Dumplin'”. too many things are the same between me and her.
- A book that made you cry. Elizabeth is missing. That book made me feel all at once.
- A book that made you happy. “How it Works: The Cat (Ladybird Books for Grown-Ups)” from Jason Hazeley. It’s an awesome little book about cats and owners and will for sure steal you a smile.
- The most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received). “When Breath Becomes Air”. This is a book I knew I had to buy. I needed it. And I think I made a good choice.
- What books do you need to read by the end of the year? A lot. I have two series I want to finish and one of them is a YA magic kind of stuff. Then I have a few stand-alone books I can’t wait to read, most of them being thrillers and mystery. And I think I will try more YA books along the year.
Well, that was fun. And a bit harder than I expected but that’s ok. How is your “mid-year freak out” book tag looks like? Or have you read any of the books mentioned here? Let me know what you think.
P.S.: this book tag is created by abooksofathomless.blogspot.com